- RHD Conversions available
- Bare metal restoration
- Complete Epoxy priming process
- Near complete Mechanical replacement with powder coated components
- Electrical Re-wire and installation
- Re-spray both internal, external, and underside with colour coded body parts
- Choice of 26 superb vinyl colours for interior upholstery
- Several campervan layouts to choose from
Surely the most recognisable of vehicles, the split-screen VW Type I Kombi campervan is a sought after piece of kit. Evoking romance and adventure in equal measure, it is no surprise they are so revered and celebrated.
As one of the leading restorers of ‘Splitties’ – a name common used to refer to this type of van – we offer simple, yet detailed options so that you can create the right Kombi campervan for you.
A popular package, our Option 1 Brazilian split Screens allow you the ability to completely customise your Kombi campervan, without compromising on the quality of the build, or the materials used.
From work horse to icon
There cannot be any other vehicle that makes it from a much needed work horse – a simple design from the end of World War II – to the heady heights of true icon status… but the split-screen VW Type I Kombi campervan does.
Everything about this fabulous van oozed quality back in the 1940s, 50s, right up until 1968 when the split-screen version was replaced by the Bay Window model – and modern day refurbishments should be no different.
But it is not a process to be hurried…
- Import and clean it – every Kombi campervan starts the restoration process in exactly the same way. Decades of dirt, grime and rust are stripped from its bones with a non-destructive process called soda blasting. Combine the gentle, abrasive actions of Sodium Bicarbonate with water under pressure, it is cleaned without damaging it. The Bodyshop then ‘makes good’ all the component fastenings and fixings, ready for the later stages.
- The re-spray – choosing the colour of your Kombi campervan is possibility the most difficult decision! How do you choose from so many colours?
The split-screen tended to be two tone in colour, with white being one colour but, the choice is entirely yours. With full colour coding both inside, and out, you can hark back to its past, recreating nostalgia or, you can place it firmly in the modern age.
- The wiring and the engine – but, your Kombi campervan will only be the stuff of dreams if it can cope with the open road; there is no romance sitting in a lay by, waiting for the tow truck. The wiring is replaced where everything works as it should. We endeavour to provide you with hours and hours of hassle-free motoring: Known as the ‘four corner mechanical replacement’ on our Option 2’s, this essentially means you can trust the major mechanical components to be reliable.
- Outside to inside – the interior needs to have all the comforts you want, as well as the attention to detail you would expect from one of the leading Kombi campervan refurbishing specialists. With a choice of 26 colours of vinyl from the Zander range, there is an option to suit everyone. There is the classic ‘Cherry’ or ‘Cream’, a colour choice that never dates.
Using only the best in fittings and fastenings from German company, Würth, we also have a growing range of options and finishes for the cabinets too. Light weight, sturdy and from sustainable sources, the plywood will add the touch of modern elegance to the interior of your Kombi campervan.
And there we have it…
YOUR Kombi campervan, designed, created and built for you. What memories will you make with your Kombi campervan?